Problematic sink drain S trap

Users who are viewing this thread

cwilly

Reaction score
Hello,
I'm new to the forum and I'm here because I'm mid bathroom remodel. I have a pedestal sink with some franken-plumbing for the drain, which exits through the floor. Would prefer to find a fix that doesn't force me to open up the floor. Would also like to meet code (P trap) but that's seeming unlikely. At a minimum, I would like it to look much nicer. Any advice?

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 12.51.33 PM.jpg
    Screen Shot 2023-09-08 at 12.51.33 PM.jpg
    83.7 KB · Views: 84

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Since WI dosent (to my knowledge ) allow an AAV , and you dont want to open a wall, presumeably "making it look nice" wouldnt allow an exposed vent pipe running up the wall.
3 options , 1 Leave it alone 2 paint pipes cammoflage 3 install an aav illegal but better than what you have in my opinion, I belive this is the one case that code should allow an upgrade preferable over an old fasioned s trap design if the aav dosent work you still have the crappy s trap anyway

cwilly

Reaction score
Since WI dosent (to my knowledge ) allow an AAV , and you dont want to open a wall, presumeably "making it look nice" wouldnt allow an exposed vent pipe running up the wall.
3 options , 1 Leave it alone 2 paint pipes cammoflage 3 install an aav illegal but better than what you have in my opinion, I belive this is the one case that code should allow an upgrade preferable over an old fasioned s trap design if the aav dosent work you still have the crappy s trap anyway
I don't mind opening the wall, but my plumber didn't seem to think he could leave the bottom of the drain where it is in the floor and then run it into the wall to facilitate a P trap.

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
ok well I dont know what to tell you you said you want to make it look better but dont want to open wall? now you say your plumber cant do this or that. i cant tell you why your pipes cant go in the wall he could be right could be wrong. I just cant see the obstruction from here. That might be why the pipe is exposed though

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks