Problem with r/o shower drainin slab

Users who are viewing this thread

Kenai4

Reaction score
My builder roughed out a bathroom in the basement of our new house.

The shower drain is in a 12 inch by 10 inch opening. It is merely the capped run of the horizontal pipe laying in soil and construction debris. I know that i have to dig this out, cut the pipe, and install a p-trap. My question is whether I have to line the p-trap up in a direct straight line or if I can position the trap at an angle to get more distance from the wall and as such be able to put a larger pre-cast pan. Is there a limit as to the "amount of angle" if that is an option or would it be best to cut back the pipe as far as feasible and then 45 it to right where I want it?

Yes..ignorance is free..all others must pay cash!:confused:

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
drain

IF you use the correct trap, it will have the ability to be rotated, otherwise use fittings to relocate it where necessary. Whether you have to cut the pipe or not depends on where you finally place the trap.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks