Pressure Tank & Water filtration system configuration

Users who are viewing this thread

Rigpig

Reaction score
Hi everyone!
I'm on well and septic on a few acres up in the sticks and am in the initial stages of installing a water filter/softener/UV system.
My water is very clean/clear/cold year round.
My question is; I'm installing a 20micron sediment pre-filter before the system. Should I install it before the pressure tank to keep any potential sediment out of the tank, or should everything be after the pressure tank?
Thanks
Pig

Reach4

Reaction score
My question is; I'm installing a 20micron sediment pre-filter before the system. Should I install it before the pressure tank to keep any potential sediment out of the tank, or should everything be after the pressure tank?
No. After, for sure.

Do install a drain valve at the bottom of the pressure tank to let you flush out the pressure tank. If you were going to put a rock filter in front of the pressure tank, it would not be a cartridge filter. It would be a courser screen.

Normally I would not install UV for a deep well. Others would. If your water test showed coliform, probably your sample got contaminated during sampling. I am not a pro. I would sanitize after my install. https://terrylove.com/forums/index....izing-extra-attention-to-4-inch-casing.65845/ is my sanitizing write-up.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks