Pressure Reducing Valve Necessary?

Users who are viewing this thread

Vasteve

Reaction score
Hi Everyone,

I'm preparing to replace my main water valve and I'm considering putting in a pressure reducing valve at the same time. I've tested my pressure a few different times at the hose bib and it seems to usually be around 70-75psi. I bought a Watts LFN45 and was planning to put it in with a gauge on the low pressure side.

If I do install this, it looks like a gauge is the only requirement. I don't think the relief valve is necessary since the supply from the street is usually at 75psi. I also have a relief valve and expansion tank on my water heater. (Code Requirements). Is there anything else I need to consider with this project? Is this overkill or should I just replace the main valve and forget about the PRV? The house is 43 years old and hasn't ever had one installed.

Any feedback or suggestions would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks