Possible water leak damaging hardwood

Users who are viewing this thread

DannyDan

Reaction score
Hello,

I've recently noticed what seems to be some changes to the hardwood flooring surrounding my dishwasher and kitchen sink. There is some discoloration and the hardwood seems to have expanded a bit, as can be observed by some pieces not being leveled. I looked under the sink and under the dishwasher and could not observe any leak or moisture. I was wondering if anyone here that is experienced with water leaks could take a look at the photos and tell me if my suspicion seems correct. If it is, what are some possible causes? Could there be a pipe underneath the hardwood that's leaking? Or could it be the dishwasher?
Images here:

dannydan-01.jpg

Thanks in advance!

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
You just have to be observant, and certainly look at it from under the floor just to eliminate, after looking in the toe space of the DW.
In reality, it would be extremely rare to have a pipe under the floor causing observable damage.
So, if not under the floor, then somewhere having to do with the dishwasher.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks