Possible to adjust brine concentration?

Users who are viewing this thread

mdr1978

Reaction score
Thanks in advance for your help. We are installing a 2.5 cuft system with a Fleck 5600SXT valve. Our water is not hard, but we are using a resin called SBG2-HP by Resintech to remove arsenic. Resintech advised to use a 10 lb/cuft salt dose with a brine concentration of 5%. The two installers in my area haven't ever heard of adjusting brine concentration. I've talked with both Fleck and Resintech and neither can give me information on how to control the brine concentration. Does anyone know how to make this happen, other than having to weigh out the salt and water before each regen cycle?

According to Resintech, this resin is lighter than a normal softener resin, and higher brine concentrations can cause this resin to float.

ditttohead

Water systems designer, R&D
Reaction score
Don't worry about the 5%, it is a technicality. What is the hardness of your water? We usually recommend no more than 5 GPG hardness when using an anion resin.
FYI, Fleck injectors typically produce brine in a concentration range of 6-10%.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks