Posi-temp (?) leaking

Users who are viewing this thread

ncnewbie

Reaction score
A tenant in my rental recently broke the handle off a very old shower valve (screenshot here.) I didn't know how to repair it, so I asked for some help from a plumbing supply house (see video here), and they sent me a replacement kit. I received the kit, and the only thing I used was the single white plastic rod; I used it to replace the broken white mixing rod (see screenshot.) They also sent me a new handle, which looks like this, and screws into the white mixing rod.

(Not sure if this is a posi-temp valve or not, hence the title...)

Now, after showering and shutting off the water, water leaks from the shower. It's a fairly slow leak, and I wouldn't worry about it if my rental wasn't on a septic system. Since it is on a septic system, I need to figure out how to keep it from leaking after it's been turned off.

If anyone has any suggestions, I'd sure appreciate it. Should I take the handle off and push that white mixing rod into the valve assembly a little further?

Many thanks!

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks