Delta 2710, Please help me identify this roman tub valve!

Users who are viewing this thread

Adam82

Reaction score
Hi everyone! I'm in the process of sprucing up a dated bathroom with hopes of easily updating the trim kit on this tub surround. I cannot find a brand name anywhere on the existing spout or handles, so I tried a Moen trim kit which wasn't even close to fitting and I contacted Moen with these photos and they said it's not their valve.

I then purchased a Peerless trim kit which I understood to fit Delta, and the handles looked like they would fit the stems on the handles (round with 1 flat edge) but the the plastic stems are too big for the opening in the handle, and the spout adapter is way to short (<1" above the washer) and small for the receiving end of the spout. Replacing the valve is not an option without tearing out the tub, which financially isn't in the cards right now. I did unscrew the spout adapter thinking I could just get a different one from the hardware store to accommodate a new faucet, but have since put it back together. Although I'd rather something newer, I'm not opposed to reusing the tub spout after some polishing but I really don't want to keep the plastic knobs.

So if anyone knows what I'm working with here so I can source a new trim kit I would greatly appreciate it!

House was built in 1989/1990 and the corner tub itself is American Standard if that offers any clues. Plumbing is clearly not my forte and hoping I haven't gotten myself in over my head.

Thank you!
Adam

IMG_3794.jpg
IMG_3799.jpg
IMG_3801.jpg
photo.jpg

IMG_3796.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks