Please Help: DWV Layout design for new construction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Jayjayla

Reaction score
Hello,
I am reaching out for help with the layout for my DWV layout in a new construction. I am building my own home in rural Idaho and want to make sure I am keeping it simple and efficient... and to code. I am seeking the advice of the experts!

It will be a small, simple home. The compressed space seems to be making it more challenging. I am planning to do a finished concrete floor so making sure I get it right is very important. Since it is in a rural place getting a good plan and parts list is very important. I appreciate you taking a look and the help.

Thank you,

Mike

Breplum

Licensed plumbing contractor
Reaction score
I sincerely suggest you have a licensed plumber do the underslab work.
I have been called out to consult after semi-sincere non-pros try their hand at plumbing and completely fail one critical thing or another...including inadequate backfill support, improper stabilization of piping...infinite opportunities for failure.

Jayjayla

Reaction score
I sincerely suggest you have a licensed plumber do the underslab work.
I have been called out to consult after semi-sincere non-pros try their hand at plumbing and completely fail one critical thing or another...including inadequate backfill support, improper stabilization of piping...infinite opportunities for failure.
I appreciate your response and concern... and I agree. Underdsab work can go bad in so many ways.

This isn't my first experience. My dad was a plumber so I am well versed in a lot more ways than the average non-pro. I spent my childhood working alongside him. I have also done other under slab projects with/ for friends.

One of my many weaknesses is codes and general efficiency in the overall system.

If you could look at the system and see if I could make it better I'd appreciate it.

Thanks,

Mike

Attachments

• DWV.png
    DWV.png
    85.8 KB · Views: 70

Jayjayla

Reaction score
trying to attach a pic of the plan that is legible!

Attachments

• DMV.png
    DMV.png
    341.9 KB · Views: 80
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks