Pitless adapter in 3-inch casing

Users who are viewing this thread

Ambassador

Reaction score
Hey guys, is there a pitless adapter that fits a 3 inch casing? The inch and a quarter adapter that I saw at Menards looked quite large and I doubt it will fit.

I'd love to be able to keep the inch and a quarter drop pipe and horizontal run to the shallow well jet pump in the house, but I'm guessing I will need to use 1 inch or smaller pitless adapter to get it to fit inside the 3 inch casing.... Unless, is there something else that I can use that will keep me at the inch and a quarter?

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
Around here most drillers install 4” casings, when I need a 2” drop pipe on a pitless they have to install a short section of 6” at the top with a 4x6 coupling to accept the larger pitless. I would imagine you could do the same with a 3x4 coupling.

Ambassador

Reaction score
I just wasn't sure if there were any DNR issues with below-grade couplings. I planned to cut the galvanized 3" casing 5-feet down below the frost line, install a 3-4" rubber coupling to 4" pvc— which I'd drill for the pitless— hopefully providing enough space to fit a 1 1/4 pitless drop along with a second 3/4"poly drop for the handpump.

I do have to winterize the hand pump anyway, hmmm.

Greenmonster123

Reaction score
I wouldn’t use a rubber fernco coupling on that. If you can’t weld it there are ridgid mechanical joint couplings available. https://krauszusa.com/products-main/hymax-grip-wide-range-restraint-couplings/hymax-grip-reducer
197C3657-F7DF-4BC8-AEA4-0728018E52B6.jpeg

Reach4

Reaction score
I think you should check the rules in the county of the well. I think some places will not allow connecting the steel casing with anything but welding.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks