Piping short well

Users who are viewing this thread

rural_engineer

In the Trades
Reaction score
I've got a well that's around 28' deep, more or less. The casing goes down 12' I'm putting in a submersible pump with a CSV125 cycle stop valve. The pitless will be 6' underground.

In a short well like this, are there any particular issues with keeping the pump centered, and keeping the piping from putting outward torque on the pitless?

Thanks,

John

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The pitless will put everything to one side. Can't put the pitless in a bind. You will need to put the CSV about 2' below the pitless. Then if the casing is large enough to use a 4" shroud on the pump/motor, that will give it a place to rub on instead of the motor.

LLigetfa

DIYer, not in the trades
Reaction score
You did not mention how deep you plan to set the pump nor what the formation of the borehole is. Since the casing only goes 12 feet, I assume a rock bore for the remaining 16 feet. Setting the pump below the casing can create a "top fed" situation which limits cooling so a shroud is warranted. As Cary said, the shroud can also be a sacrificial wear surface. Don't overlook the wire and go with a double jacket type as well JIC it makes contact with an uneven bore hole surface.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks