Pipe types for storm water and french drain

Users who are viewing this thread

Dylan

Reaction score
I have a small u shaped landscaped area around foundation walls that drains poorly. I'm planning to french drain to allow water to run off into the alley when it can run to the storm drain.

The commonly available pipes are triple solid wall drainage pipes and the perforated version, schedule 40 solid wall, the flex corrugated black pipe that comes in rolls, and the NDS EZ drain prefab style. What's the difference between the solid triple wall drainage pipes with the black lining vs a schedule 40 DWV (drain wasted vent) pipe other than price? It's a small project and I prefer quality built to last so I'm looking at using triple solid wall drainage pipe and it's equivalent with holes for the french drain or schedule 40 and drilling holes in the schedule 40 for the french drain portion. Drilled schedule 40 exists but it's not stocked around here at least not at the home stores or the plumbing wholesale house or the landscape wholesale house. But triple wall and sched 40 is abundant.

Thanks.

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
For your project use the NDS EZ or perforated drain pipe. Both are designed just for your needs and they are very flexible to make bends and turns. They have perforations 360 degrees around the pipe to draw in water. You may have to dig at least 12" down for the NDS pipe. Does your yard slope to the alley?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks