Pipe size and recommendations- remote manifold w/ recirc-tri level w/stacked baths/laundry

Users who are viewing this thread

Tegan Easton

Reaction score
About to commence installation of a remote manifold in a tri-level home.

pex-a/propex/expansion pipe

The bathrooms and laundry are all stacked at the same location.
Laundry hookups
3 sinks
2 showers (w/ body jets)
1 Tub
2 toilets

9 cold ports 7 hot ports.
The hot manifold will be open leading back to the Navien boiler (ncb-240e) through a circulation pump (Taco smart sense)

With the showers having body jets (10 total) pressure drop is my greatest concern.

I am split between a 3/4" supply Line and a 1" supply Line. I would like to do a 1" to reduce any chances of pressure drop but will that put unnecessary work on the boiler with recirculation?

3/4" return for recirculation?

I realize the fixtures are all 1/2" or less but would running 3/4" to them assist pressure?
I can get a 7/9 port manifold with 3/4 propex outputs.

Also considering combining toilets/laundry cold outputs as pressure isn't of concern.

Only other fixture requirements is kitchen sink hot/cold which is close to boiler. Tee off before or after manifold?

Final question on the recirculation return to the Navian. Best to tee into the 3/4" DHW cold water inlet supply?

Sorry for the long post,just want to do this right while I have access to everything during remodel.

Thank you all in advance.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks