PEX underground for main supply from the street...

Users who are viewing this thread

Boink

Reaction score
I have an unusual house... on structural steel (stilts to a degree) so the belly of the house is accessible but without a conventional enclosed crawlspace (though one has to crawl where the new main comes in the house). All the new gear is in a two joist-bays that were then re-covered. Where the new PRV and shut-offs either side of it were placed, I fabricated a hatch to access it all... which I've since removed and straightened (not in this photo :)). It turned out pretty nice.
To protect from freezing (which isn't much an issue where I am), I added some foam panels (but still need to add it to the hatch - even though that gear has an HVAC duct in that immediate area).
The new expansion tank (never had one before) is in a water-heater closet.

2021-03-18 15.15.12.jpg
2021-03-18 16.19.36.jpg
2021-03-18 13.27.25.jpg

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Make sure you use the tracer wire. Foam protection is also pretty common. The sleeve through the foundation should just be pvc. Bend supports over fittings. You'll need larger foam to encase thr bend support and pex combination.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks