PEX to copper repair advice

Users who are viewing this thread

JohnCT

Still learning..slowly
Reaction score
Wow. I wonder how much pressure is on that line? It looks like a frozen burst..

If you have more room on the copper pipe, I would cut it back, sweat on a reducer, and pick up a short length of copper, short length of PEX, two Sharkbites and one Sharkbite 90. That's the fastest way I can think of.

EDIT: I know PEX is flexible, but I wonder if that stress on the short section of PEX was too severe?

John

Last edited:

DIYorBust

Reaction score
Perhaps you could cut it back and sharbite on a reducer elbow. I think what it comes down to is a quick fix could be done with sharkbites and would be fine. If you have the tools and skills you could do it in copper or with pex fittings, but it wouldn't really be that much better. It doesn't look like the work of a great plumber. Can he be called back to fix it?

Fitter30

Reaction score
Cut the copper back a foot or two solder or sharkbite coupling. Then straighten up the pex going thorough wall so elbow is square to the copper finish with pex. Does the pipe hammer when a valve is closed?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks