Peerless Shower, Help identifying cartridge

Users who are viewing this thread

Travis West

Reaction score
Hello,

I have attached a picture to this post of a shower that is not working properly. When I turn the lever, water comes out from where the lever/cartridge is. I took the lever off and, as you can see in the picture, it looks like the plastic of the cartridge is broken.

I am assuming I can pull this cartridge out and replace it with a working one. Am I correct?

If I am, can you guys help identify what the replacement is? The cover around this lever has "Delta" written on it. It looks like a Delta Scald Guard to me but... I could be wrong.

Also, how do I uninstall this old cartridge? I am afraid to just start turning and prying on things.

Thanks for any help,

Travis

peerless-ptr188700-parts-3.jpg

Attachments

• shower.jpg
    shower.jpg
    31 KB · Views: 348
Last edited by a moderator:

Marlinman

In the Trades
Reaction score
The retainer nut will screw off counterclockwise. The new RP70538 cartridge will look a bit different. It was redesigned in 2015. Be sure to replace the RP73625 check valve as well.

https://media.peerlessfaucet.com/PartsDiagram/PPD-B-PTR188700-UN.pdf

peerless-ptr188700-parts.jpg

rp73625.jpg

rp70358.jpg

ptr188700.jpg

Threaded pipe or copper pipe to tub spout, no PEX.
Above example is a homeowner mistake.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks