Need Help Identifying Grohe Shower Valve

Users who are viewing this thread

Dvuon

Reaction score
Hi all. I tried to contact Grohe directly but they have not gotten back to me. Hoping someone in this forum can help identify the model no. for this shower valve? My fiancée and I are looking to replace it with a black version of the exact style if possible as we are hoping to just do a simple swap with the plate and lever.

Thank you in advance!

Attachments

• IMG_2529.jpeg
    IMG_2529.jpeg
    97.4 KB · Views: 43

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Grohe got bought and from what I understand got rid of a lot of their products and their support is non existent at the moment. I realize this isn't helpful, but have you tried a local supplier who sells grohe? They might know or have what you want.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
I think Grohe got bought and from what I understand got rid of a lot of their products and their support is non existent at the moment. I realize this isn't helpful, but have you tried a local supplier who sells grohe? They might know or have what you want.
Grohe has been part of a larger group called Lixil since 2013. They also own American Standard.

I've always had good support for Grohe, but maybe its because I have a local rep.. However, I find that calling support on the phone is faster and more effective than sending them an email.

Might need to open the cover and see which rough in valve the trim is attached to in order to see what trims are available.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Grohe has been part of a larger group called Lixil since 2013. They also own American Standard.

I've always had good support for Grohe, but maybe its because I have a local rep.. However, I find that calling support on the phone is faster and more effective than sending them an email.

Might need to open the cover and see which rough in valve the trim is attached to in order to see what trims are available.
I'm not sure, we don't install a lot of it. I just remember talking to a fellow local plumber who was trying to fix a fancy shower with alot of spray heads and he couldn't get a hold of them nor could our local supplier. I thought the local supplier was the one who said that grohe had been sold and largely dismantled.

For all of know my second hand memory might be Hansgrohe or maybe it was just an itch on my grion and I confused that with grohe.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
We've done a few Grohe jobs recently, but not a lot. Their Rapido shower valve was spec'd on a few projects because they have flow/volume control for our 1.8gpm out of all combined heads in a shower built into their rough in valve. But other than that, we typically install Hansgrohe or Kohler and Delta/Brizo.

I just can't figure out which rough in valve has exposed screws that are dead center on the valve. Just not familiar enough with Grohe.

TJRAD

Reaction score
Dvuon,
remove your plate and handle and upload a picture of the valve in the wall. Grohe makes an adapter that converts older grohe trims to fit their modern 3.0 trim kits that are available today. (some trim kits come in matte black but not all) .
here is a picture of the adapter and the valve it converts.
good luck.
35015OOOc.jpeg
grohe3.0adapter.jpg

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks