Oxygen Barrier PE-RT

Users who are viewing this thread

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
Has anyone used oxygen barrier PE-RT for baseboard hot water heaters?

If so, what are your impressions?

How do you think it stack up against Pex A and Pex B? ,

I am going to move a few baseboard heaters and have a crimper, so was going to give PE-RT a try. I have read it is more flexible than Pex B, which would be good for where I need to run the lines.

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Has anyone used oxygen barrier PE-RT for baseboard hot water heaters?

If so, what are your impressions?

How do you think it stack up against Pex A and Pex B? ,

I am going to move a few baseboard heaters and have a crimper, so was going to give PE-RT a try. I have read it is more flexible than Pex B, which would be good for where I need to run the lines.
I haven't used it for heating lines but I would. Heating lines need an oxygen barrier so if you use pex a it would need to be hepex. Pex b isn't worth a shit. Especially for heating lines.

Weekend Handyman

Reaction score
I haven't used it for heating lines but I would. Heating lines need an oxygen barrier so if you use pex a it would need to be hepex. Pex b isn't worth a shit. Especially for heating lines.

Do you have to do anything different when working wit PE-RT. When I was speaking to the rep, he suggested supporting it more frequently ... like every two feet on a horizontal run.

Bex B would be a PITA for the project I have do for sure ... going up into floor joists to hit baseboard heaters with some pretty tight spots.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks