Outdoor hose bibb vacuum breaker

Users who are viewing this thread

bottomsup

Reaction score
I understand that vacuum breaker is required for outdoor hose bibb, but I had an old bibb with the vacuum breaker attached to the end, and I was having issues with it splashing water when closing the bibb with hose attached. Recently I had it replaced with Arrow-breaker bibb that had a vacuum breaker integrated which doesn't have the issue with water splashing out.

1. Are the add-on vacuum breakers prone to water squirting out when closing the bibb or was mine just faulty?

2. I like the Arrow-breaker bibb but it's a gate valve, not a ball valve. Would you recommend a ball valve hose bibb with an add-on vacuum breaker or the gate-valve type with integrated vacuum breaker?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks