One Size May Not Fit All, Irrigation Woes

Users who are viewing this thread

Mary Lockman

Reaction score
Greetings,
I have a 25 GPM pump that is used for both irrigation and domestic use. Two homes use the pump for domestic use portion. The pump works fine as long as we keep the pressure between 50 and 60 PSI. Our problem is that there are two homes and the irrigation system all on the same pump, and when we try to irrigate any amount of water usage at the home farther from the pump, oh say .5 acres away, boom the whole system shuts down. Now just before this started happening, my husband replumbed the home next door because it had galvanized piping that was just letting so little water through the pipes. So he replaced the old pipes with piping that is letting a lot more water through, but it shuts down our irrigation when even the smallest amount of water is used over there at the second home. We can run the irrigation and use our home all we want to with no issues. But the pump is under our home and very close by. So I wonder what can be done to correct the problem?
I hope I am posting to the correct spot!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
What happens when "the whole system shuts down"? Do you have a little lever on the side of the pressure switch you have to hold to start the pump again? What do you do to get it back to running?

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail 5th session completed 4/24/24.
Solutions
Reaction score
To help with trouble shooting, put on a pressure gauge at opened spigot. Are you using a bladder pressure tank? Find out if the pump shuts down when the pressure get below a certain level. Is there any safety pressure switches near the pressure tank or an where else in the system?

http://www.homedepot.com/p/Winters-...-and-Range-of-0-160-psi-kPa-PETM213/205962470

pressure-gauge-winters-2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks