Older well setup

Discussion in 'Pumps and Tanks Well Forum & Blog. Water is life.' started by eb66401, Jul 24, 2019.

1. eb66401

eb66401 New Member

I was hoping someone could explain how this well (see pic) was constructed. There doesn't seem to be a casing, just two seperate 2 inch lines for a jet pump. Can this well be updated? Thanks in advance.

water well.jpg

2. valveman

valveman Cary Austin Staff Member

Pump Controls Technician
    Drop a weighted string and see what you have. The 2" galv could be casing and the black pipe goes to the house. But is that not a 4" well with the plate taken off?

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. eb66401

eb66401 New Member

Thanks for you reply. It does appear to be a 4" casing, but I can't figure out what it's for. I put a poker down but seemed to hit a cap or something after 6 inches or so.
    water well cap.jpg