Old well

Users who are viewing this thread

Whatnot

Reaction score
Google seems pretty useless. Should the local supply house stock it? Does it come in 20' sections? I found some websites with 5' sections of what I think we are talking about but no mention or 10 or 20'.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Well casing is probably not something you can get at a box store. Probably need to find a supplier like Preferred Pump. Is has to be 4" ID for a 3.5" normal pump to fit inside. And yes .035 is the slot size, you can also get .020.

Whatnot

Reaction score
I don't think it will work with the bottom closed. If the bottom is closed up and part of the side caves in before it is in all the way, it will never go all the way down. If it is open, I will be able to force it down a lot farther if not all the way to the bottom.

Whatnot

Reaction score
I hadn't had time to do anything with it. It caved in so I dug it up to see what was there. About 5 feet below the surface is solid rock. There is a round hole about 44" in diameter down through the rock. It is pretty much full of sand as far as I can tell. I was able to dig down about 2 feet into the hole with the excavator. If I dig a hole big enough in the soil to get the excavat down to the rock level I might be able to dig it down to 10 feet or so.
If I can get it cleaned out, what would be the proper way to put a casing in and seal it from surface water?

Attachments

• IMG_20190615_163140999.jpg
    IMG_20190615_163140999.jpg
    159.2 KB · Views: 155