Old sink drain to floor into apparent cracked lead joint

Users who are viewing this thread


New Member
Reaction score
In the process of replacing my S-trap in a very old summer camp, the 1-1/4 brass and chrome tubing that the drain consists of came loose where it goes down into a joint flush with the wood floor. (Vibrations from sawing it partway up.)Looks like a lead joint and lead is now cracked. Pic attached. No access under house and don't want to use any heat. How can I seal and stabilize? Thought about a sealing caulk that adheres to lead, etc. Two best I read about are CT1 and Adiseal, which I can't find in US. Any advice welcome. Thanks.


  • Plumbing nightmare.jpg
    Plumbing nightmare.jpg
    67.3 KB · Views: 24
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks