Odd Pitless adapter help needed

Users who are viewing this thread

KWD

Reaction score
Piece of cake

Take an old 1/2" drive 3/4" socket and weld a washer into it to limit the depth of the set bolt head. Then, weld that socket into a piece of galvanized pipe so that the square drive socket sticks out ( I used the pipe we put the wire on so we always have it with us). Drop it down onto the set bolt and back it off with a pipe wrench.
Thank you!

BrianSmith

Reaction score
I used a 5ft curb key and flattened the opening closed a little bit. The 5ft curb key was 5/8 opening to start (I think). I closed it down to the 1/2 size.
Still had some concern regarding the wrench binding up against the well casing (because the curb key was so wide). The T handle also got in the way of the other T that was holding the pitless adaptor. Craigpumps idea would be the best way to go but the curb key can work in a pinch (also, not the standard short lenth curb key but the long 5 ft size).

Water continues to flow at my new house thanks to all who contribute here !

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks