not enough water pressure outside

Users who are viewing this thread

arentfrow

Reaction score
Hi, we have been fighting with this for a while now. Pressure inside the house is fine, a little slow if washer filling up ect. but the real problem is outside. We have pressure from the hose for about 4 minutes and that is it. There isn't enough pressure to even turn a sprinkler, any kind, we have bought and tried them all. Well depth is unknown but neighbors is 37'. We have 1-1 1/4" pipe to the 1/2 horse pump. Cut in pressure is 30, cut out pressure is 50. The bladder PSI is set at 28. We have 3/4 " pvc to the outside water spicket. (just did that last summer thinking that was the problem) and we use a 5/8x 120' water hose. We have planted a huge garden and takes forever to water standing there watering by hand. My husband thinks the problem is that our pump is too small, but I told him to let me post here first for ideas before spending the money. I would appreciate any ideas. This problem has been driving us nuts!!! A Rentfrow S.W. Michigan

Bill Arden

Computer Programmer
Reaction score
Website
www.billarden.com
Having too small of a pump would cause the pressure to drop off after the tank is emptied (~30 seconds), but it could be that the flow rate is dropping due to other issues.

1. What is the water table height?
The water table could have dropped over the years.
Low water recovery rates could cause the water table to drop while pumping and this would cause the pump not to pump as fast.

2. Is it a regular pump or a "jet" pump?
Jet pumps are less efficient, but can "suck" water up from farther down.

Speedbump

Reaction score
If you have a Jet pump this would make sense. Especially a Deep Well Jet Pump. If you have a submersible, it should be able to keep up nicely with a Sprinkler, a Shower and a load of Clothes.

bob...

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks