No Water

Users who are viewing this thread

MikeRett

Reaction score
Hello all. I recently had the expansion tank and pressure switch changed in our home by a reputable company.We have a submersable pump and seem to have plenty of water. The reason was that when the pressure got to 30 lbs,the "cut in", it would fall below 30lbs. and not "cut in". The Plumber told us that this would fix the problem. It did for a day or two. It is doing the same old thing. When pressure gets to 30lbs it quickly falls and won't return to proper pressure and I have to manually turn the switch back on, usually when I am in the shower. I am sure that I have not provided enough details so let me know what you need. Thanks!!

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
If you are having to manually turn your pressure switch back on, then you have a low pressure cut-off type switch. It sounds like the air pressure in your tank is higher or as high as the on setting of the switch. You can either let the air pressure in the tank down to 25 to 28 PSI, or you can adjust the pressure switch up a little to say 35/55 PSI. Then the pump will come on before your bladder tank bottoms out, which shuts you down on low pressure.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks