No water for 5 days! Help!!!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Kidd65

Reaction score
We have a submersible well pump with a bladder pressure tank. A couple weeks ago the water pressure was pulsating. My brother added some air into the tank and the pulsating stopped. Saturday I turned on the water and the pressure was very low. It continued to decrease each time the water was used until finally no water was coming out. My brother replaced the pressure switch on the tank, and still no water. He tested the well pump and it wasnt working properly, so he replaced the well pump and the wire. When we put the pump back down in the well and turned the power back on, the tank filled and we had water. But once we turned on a faucet, the water pressure droped and the tank didn't fill back up. We have pulled the well pump out 3 times, and everytime we put it back in the well, it does this same thing, the tank fills once, then stops and doesn't refill. We are stumped and have no idea what the problem could be. Any ideas??

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
Lots of possibilities. Check the pump in a barrel to make sure it is working properly. Could also be low voltage, bad connection, bad check valve, or other things. The tank is probably bad. If you had to add air the bladder is probably no good.

Kidd65

Reaction score
Lots of possibilities. Check the pump in a barrel to make sure it is working properly. Could also be low voltage, bad connection, bad check valve, or other things. The tank is probably bad. If you had to add air the bladder is probably no good.

Would a bad tank or bladder cause the problem with it filling up one single time after putting the pump back in the well, and then not filling up again? I really don't know anything about it, but I assumed if the tank was bad it wouldn't even fill up that one time. But like I said, I don't know anything about it really.

Kidd65

Reaction score
Oh, and we put the pump in the pool last night before putting it back in the well to make sure it's working properly, and it was working perfectly.

Valveman

Cary Austin
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
cyclestopvalves.com
The tank is probably bad. But even if it is the water line from the well goes right past the tank. All a bad tank does is cause the "pulsing" or rapid cycling on/off of the pump. What voltage is it? Does it have a control box on the wall? Are the points in the pressure switch burned? My guess is the pressure switch was wired wrong, you have half voltage to the motor, and it runs a little and trips the overload,

Craigpump

In the Trades
Reaction score
Hmmmm

Depending on the brand of tank the diaphram or bladder could be dropping and shutting off the water at the fill/discharge port.

Could be the dart in the checkvalve has broken off the head of the check valve and is creating a blockage.

I'll tell you one thing, my wife wouldn't wait 5 days for water, and neither would I....

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks