No tiling flange...Is this OK?

Users who are viewing this thread

omo

Reaction score
I am finally ready to order my cultured marble shower. Just as I'm about to place the order, I notice that the picture of the shower pan shows no tiling flange. I call the company, and, sure enough, they don't put a tiling flange on their shower bases.

I am not going to be tiling the walls. I am going to install cultured marble panels on the walls. The person that I spoke with said that I just put a generous bead of caulk along the top of the shower pan, then rest the marble wall panel right into the bead of caulk.

Does this sound safe? Obviously, I'm worried about water getting behind the panels. Is there any way to rig up this thing so that I would feel better? I can't find any other cultured marble dealers in my area, or else I would be trying to get a shower pan from someone else.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks