No Roof Vent

Users who are viewing this thread

MichaelAR

Reaction score
Hello, my name is Michael and I own a small 600 square foot house which has 1 bathroom the past 6 months ive been having issues with my toilet gurgling when the washer is on the drain cycle this mostly happens after a rain storm but now when I flush the toilet it backs up and a slow flush happens and the bathtub and toilet is now starting to gurgle way more. As looking around on Google it's a vent issue and there is no vent coming from the roof, the plumbing in the crawl space seems to be done cheaply. I'ma create a diagram later on but I'ma tell you what is looks like. The kitchen sink, washer drain and the bathtub drain all go into the main pipe that leads to the septic tank but the bathroom sink has a pipe that leads to the main pipe but a 5½ pipe sticks up from the bathroom sink pipe and has a s trap that is wide open. Could this be the make shift venting system? I might upload a picture later on but it is so weird.

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You could have a venting problem, but if the toilet is backing up that may be a sewer line issue. It sounds like the tub isn't backing up though.
They should have vented through the roof on that at least once.

MichaelAR

Reaction score
By backing up I mean when I flush the toilet tbe bowl fills up and slowly goes down. could it be a venting issue? I don't see a vent other than what I mention about that picep of pipe.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks