No heat

Users who are viewing this thread

johnapo

Reaction score
Hello my problem is an air lock in the hot water system it happens at least once a year. I seen a product a few years back to remove the air can anybody help? Thanks

Kordts

In the Trades
Reaction score
new product

The new product you are looking for is air bleeder valves, there is no magic formula. If you don't know how to get your heating system ready, calla plumber who specializes in hot water heat, or can work on it and have him show you what to do.

Peace out,

Kordts

Last edited:

Lakee911

I&C Engineer (mostly WWTP)
Reaction score
My ex-girlfriend had this problem last year and her landlord said there was nothing that can be done! Ha! On each radiator there should be an air bleed valve. Bleed the air out of each radiator until you get (usually dirty so have a rag handy) water coming out. Turn on the system and see if it helps. If it doesn't, check them again after letting it run a few minutes.

Good luck,
Jason

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
aair

Baseboard heat seldom has vents on each unit. She is probably referring to an air separatot device that installs on the pipe above the boiler. It "removes" the air from the water and has an automatic vent to bleed it off.

Plumber1

Plumber
Reaction score
heat

If there aren't vents at the high spots then there must be purge valves at the boiler.
Look and see if there are any valves on the return lines.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks