Nibco 90 sillcock handle "loose", advice needed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Scarywoody

Reaction score
Short description: Nibco Sillcock 90 handle needs to be pushed in about a 1/4" and turned to stop the flow of water. This just started this morning when my kids were messing with the hose.

I have a call out to a couple plumbers to replace this thing, but my fear is it will just not shut off if I keep using it(of course this happens when i am filling our pool). Is this the best course of action or is there an easy fix/repair kit for this issue? Seems like these have been phased out since 2007 and the advice is to replace with a woodford model.

Cheers!

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
Often it's easier to replace with a new frostfree hosebib than to make a trip out and then a second trip with the correct parts.
Hosebibs come in lengths from 4" to 12" and parts vary by year.
For a quick fix that will hold you until you have the correct parts, you can pick up a hose adapter in the irrigation department of a hardware store, thread that on and turn the shutoffs. You will want a good fix before Winter though. Those things will freeze in Oregon.

hose-splitter.jpg

hosebib-shutoff.jpg

ThePibbster

Reaction score
Often it's easier to replace with a new frostfree hosebib than to make a trip out and then a second trip with the correct parts.
Hosebibs come in lengths from 4" to 12" and parts vary by year.
For a quick fix that will hold you until you have the correct parts, you can pick up a hose adapter in the irrigation department of a hardware store, thread that on and turn the shutoffs. You will want a good fix before Winter though. Those things will freeze in Oregon.

hose-splitter.jpg

hosebib-shutoff.jpg
I am experiencing something similar. When I turn on, the spigot pops out when turning ... when I turn off, I have to push in.

I have to keep messing with it to find the right spot for the water to cut off.

So you recommend replacing with a new frostfree hosebib?

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks