New water well in need of help

Users who are viewing this thread

seabert7

Reaction score
We had a new well drilled a couple of months ago and eventually received the 'all clear' from the local health department. The water is free of nitrates, bacteria and debris, but it's loaded with iron (~4 ppm) and has a low pH (6.1).

We've been told that we should deal with the pH issue before tackling the iron problem, and it was recommended that we look for "Calcite PH neutralizer" which could "easily be found on the internet". I can find quite a few replacement tanks online, but not much on the systems themselves. After two days of research, I am no further along than when I started. I'm doing the research/homework, but my husband would be doing the actual installation & set up...he's a genius with all things electrical and plumbing.

Does anyone here have experience with water systems? From what I read, we probably need a Downflow (Backwashing) Neutralizer?

THX!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks