New Toilet Recommendation

Users who are viewing this thread

Tech77_can

Reaction score
Hi all,

Im looking for some recommendations on a replacement for my main bathroom toilet. Im looking at either a Gerber Viper or AS Cadet Pro, both right height with elongated bowl. I was wanting to look into buying Toto Drake, but here in Canada and local taxes, there over or about $500., the Drake 2 is over 650 with taxes, both over my budget. I was also considering a Toto Entrada, which I have installed 2 about 2 years ago as well, not sure in the current price though. I have a feeling I payed about $350 a piece in the past. Now, the Gerber and Cadet Im looking to buy from a local plumbing house.

Any thoughts would be appriciated.

Thanks

Andrew

Samat

Reaction score
I have both a Viper and a Cadet Pro. The cadet is a 1:28 gpf and the Viper is a 1.6. The Viper seems to have a better bowl wash but that could be to the 1.6 flush. The Cadet sometimes needs a second flush but is a better looking unit. The Viper appears to be bigger. Both are elongated bowls. You will probably be happy with either but for looks I would choose the cadet for performance the Viper

gjax57

Reaction score
We was charged $1,185.82 to purchase the toilet from the ones who installed, is that a fair price?

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Depends upon what toilet it was. There is a lot of potential to mark up toilets above what one can buy them for at the supply house. Some of that markup is certainly "fair", given that it costs something to pick the thing up, inspect it, and take it to the job site, and be responsible for it if it breaks on the way over or once there. Also, some contractors will show a low install price, and make it up in markup on the item. The total installed price is the best way to compare bids apples to apples.

You can look at Terry's prices in the links above to get a sense of what's "fair". Installation in other parts of the country may be higher but still "fair".

Samat

Reaction score
That looks to be about $890 US. Not cheap but they may have run into other problems.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks