New Toilet plumbing

Users who are viewing this thread

PeterM_25

Reaction score
I am installing a new toilet (water closet) in my basement. I dug it up, cut the clay pipe and attached 4" Wye (4x4x3). Added a 45 elbow. Will continue with the dry vent and then the water closet.

Picture is of the top view.
My question is this according to code (Wye and 45 elbow)? I live in Ontario, Canada.

Attachments

• Basement RoughIn.jpg
    Basement RoughIn.jpg
    152.4 KB · Views: 45

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
That is the correct configuration of fittings. In many jurisdictions the use of an unshielded Fernco style rubber fitting is not allowed. And also in some jurisdictions, any foam core material such as ABS or PVC are not allowed. Only schedule 40 or 35SDR are.. so you may want to check those

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never heard of SDR 35 under a house of cource Clay aint legal here either

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Yes that's how we do it. We use pvc though. Make very sure you get gravel to fill that void under your pipe and fitting. That looks like it could settle and be very bad.

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
Ive never heard of SDR 35 under a house of cource Clay aint legal here either
I'm assuming this was exterior.. but theres a house i'm working up an estimate for right now that I think was moved 100yrs ago and may be on top of the concrete sewer. Camera down the line was inconclusive.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks