New Guest Bathroom

Users who are viewing this thread

pinter

Reaction score
Hi,
I'm moving a laundry room and installing a guest bath on a first floor. I can't drain or vent behind the toilet without pushing the wall out some 8-10 inches where I really don't have the room to lose.

I want to vent through a shared wall but I'm not sure this is OK. I attached a sketch. The back wall is over the house foundation, and both rooms are in a breezeway addition over a crawlspace. The sub-flooring is all new and I still have easy access below. The floor drain is optional, I was going to add one to the laundry area while I'm at it.

The framing is ready to go as soon as I have a plumbing plan. I would appreciate any help.

Thanks.

guest_bath.jpg

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
A washer trap goes above the floor. Every fixture/trap must have a vent. No vent can be horizontal until it reaches a point at least 42" above the floor.

pinter

Reaction score
OK, move the washer vent to intersect with the sink vent at least 42" from the floor.

Can the washer wye into the 2" vertical?

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
Maybe I am looking at your drawing wrong, but a trap's vent is always placed in it's trap arm, which is downstream of the trap.

pinter

Reaction score
Yeah, you're right. Not sure what I was thinking. Install the P-trap at (5), then can I run into the vertical without a dedicated vent loop?
I found a table in the UPC that says 2" can run a max of 5 feet horizontal to a vent, 1 1/2" can run 42". Can I remove the vent loop on the sink too? I left it in for now.
Thanks for all your help. Once this is designed I'll post some pics before gluing it up.

Attachments

• guest_bath(2).jpg
    guest_bath(2).jpg
    36.2 KB · Views: 189
  • guest_bath(3).jpg
    guest_bath(3).jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 164
Last edited:

Cacher_Chick

Test, Don't Guess!
Reaction score
If it is a laundry sink drain, it should be 2". Only a lavatory drain would be 1-1/2". How about venting the water closet?

pinter

Reaction score
OK, I put WC vent back in place and drains are on their own line again.

The sink is a lav drain, vanity or pedestal in the bathroom.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks