New Gerber Stem / What do these rings do?

Users who are viewing this thread

minus2x4

Reaction score
Hi. I received a new gerber stem kit. It came with 3 seats and these 3 plastic rings. 2 are black, 1 is white. Now, it feels like the white one goes on the diverter and the 2 black ones on the others, but the instructions don't seem to make mention of these rings. The stem that came out seemed to have the white one instead on the hot stem and almost like stretched slightly over the threading. Here are some pictures. The first is the stem with the 3 rings. The second is how it seems like it would go although I'm not sure what their purpose is. Can anyone clarify what do do with these rings? I'm only doing the hot stem by the way.

001.jpg

002.jpg

WorthFlorida

Clinical Trail on a Cancer Drug Started 1/31/24. ☹
Solutions
Reaction score
They are O-rings and they seal it from leaking between the stem and valve body. Water under pressure will work around the threads without the O-ring, If your kit is three stems, then the nylon O-ring would be used on the diverter valve. Do not over tighten the stems down or you can crush or tear the O-ring and you'll end up with a leak.

Last edited:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks