New faucet is really loud

Users who are viewing this thread

Stevebeans

Reaction score
Hey everyone, I recently installed a new faucet (bwe waterfall single handle) and noticed it much louder than my previous faucet.

I also installed new inlet valves if that is relevant.

Now when I turn it all the way to hot or cold, the faucet is relatively quiet. However, when I put it to the middle it gets incredibly loud. Not a banging sound. More like a sound of too much pressure trying to come through the lines.

Obviously there is more pressure with two lines feeding water but this is much louder than my last even when I had both lines running.

Is that a defect with the faucet? Any ideas on troubleshooting to see exactly where the sound is coming from?

Thanks for any advice!

Sylvan

Still learning
Reaction score
"Obviously there is more pressure with two lines feeding water but this is much louder than my last even when I had both lines running".

Wrong

You are not getting more pressure YOU ARE GETTING more volume and the supply valves should be globe type so you can throttle them down.

Open both the hot and cold and then close the supply valves until the noise stops

Stevebeans

Reaction score
"Obviously there is more pressure with two lines feeding water but this is much louder than my last even when I had both lines running".

Wrong

You are not getting more pressure YOU ARE GETTING more volume and the supply valves should be globe type so you can throttle them down.

Open both the hot and cold and then close the supply valves until the noise stops

Well, I said obviously so nobody would make fun of me

Anyway, doesn't a partially closed valve create the thumping sound?

Jadnashua

Retired Defense Industry Engineer xxx
Reaction score
The supply lines can typically pass greater volume than the faucet's restrictor can let through...so, by shutting the supply line down slightly may solve your problem. It's easy enough to try, and no parts or tools required.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks