New Electric Water Heater Install - Tight Space??

Users who are viewing this thread

Blooboyd

Reaction score
Hello All,

Need water heater replaced. Looking to change out old Whirlpool 30-gallon to State 50-Gallon. However, want to make sure space/safety will not be an issue...

I have a basement ‘furnace room’ that’s about 9’ X 10’ that houses an oil furnace, (100 gallon?) oil tank, and current 30-gallon water heater.

New 50-gallon water heater is 21 ½” D. Not concerned with height, have plenty of that.

Space between wall and oil tank is 25”.

Should I be concerned about ‘air flow’ next to wall and/or oil tank?

Also, any worries about ‘heat’ from water heater causing safety issues (explosion, etc.) with the oil tank being so close to the water heater?

My worry issues come from my lack of full plumbing knowledge but I am working on learning more and more about plumbing, etc.

Please see pictures.

I would appreciate some serious conversation about this issue. Am I missing anything? Suggestions?

Thank you.

IMG-4820 - Copy.JPGIMG-4819 (2) - Copy.JPG

Tuttles Revenge

In the Trades
Reaction score
The only thing that is explosive about the oil is the vapors in a certain volume of air mixture.

Here is a link to an article that may help explain why heating oil is safe to have stored in your home/building

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks