new Drake installation

Users who are viewing this thread

Jasmine123

Reaction score
This forum has motivated me to look into the Drake as a replacement for my 40-year-old contractor-grade toilet. Will the Drake fit in the existing location after I remove the old toilet? The base is 7" from the wall. The inlet valve is 4" from center, the bowl stands 14" tall, and the front of the tank is 9" from the wall.

TedL

Reaction score
None of the measurements you gave mean anything.

The significant measurement is the "rough in", generally determined by the distance from the wall (above any moulding) to the toilet mounting bolts on the sides of the bowl.

12" is the most common, but 10" and 14" are also "standard".

According to Terry, the Drake specs 12" but will actually fit into 11". If you actually have 12", this would mean an extra 1" of space between the back of the tank and the wall.

https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744s.pdf

drake_spec_gif.gif

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks