New drain location - offset from stub out/old ptrap

Users who are viewing this thread

Agm413

Reaction score
Hi All,

I am working on getting this new sink installed and the tail piece is about 7-8" away from where the stub out/old ptrap is.

What would be the best way to get this all tied together. Tried a few things but no luck so far.

The current PVC stub out from the old p trap is connected to cast iron.

Thanks for any help!

agm413-01.jpg

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
Cut the pipe. 45 degree solvent cement fitting. Then short piece of pipe, then solvent cement trap adapter, then a tubular trap.

Agm413

Reaction score
Cut the pipe. 45 degree solvent cement fitting. Then short piece of pipe, then solvent cement trap adapter, then a tubular trap.
Thanks for the tips . I have the old PVC pipe that part of the old p trap cut not but not all the way off the old cast iron stub. Any tips on getting that last bit off?

Last edited:

John Gayewski

In the Trades
Reaction score
A hacksaw or sawzall should be easy enough judging by the picture you have posted.

Agm413

Reaction score
A hacksaw or sawzall should be easy enough judging by the picture you have posted.
Thanks, I did saw off the sticker, but maybe a bit short. How much of a lip do you need for the coupling to be cemented on?

I tried a Fernco coupling between the 45 and the PVC stub, but it was leaking either at the connection or possibly at a spot where the original PVC to cast iron connection has a small chip now...

Here's where I am at now

agm413-02.jpg

You can see the small chip at the 5 o clock of the PVC stub

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks