New bathroom drain and vent

Users who are viewing this thread

winter1321

Reaction score
Hi, I'm looking for some advice and/or confirmation that my plans for draining and venting a new bathroom will work and be to code. I'm in Vermont, which I believe is under the IPC.

I have attached a rough sketch of what I think I could do. The vent to roof would be a new vent, but I can't really move it. The only change I could possibly make would be to connect the tub/shower drain directly to the vent stack, but I'm not sure I have enough distance from the end of the trap weir to the stack - it's only about 15".

Thanks!

Attachments

• Compress_20230531_220620_0942.jpg
    Compress_20230531_220620_0942.jpg
    56.2 KB · Views: 90

Reach4

Reaction score
I think what you propose looks good.

winter1321

Reaction score
you can plumb it as drawn or what you described tub off the vent stack
If I run the tub drain to the vent stack, do I also need to run a separate vent off the trap arm for the tub, and tie it in to the vent stack further up, or can I just run one pipe from the tub p trap and be done with it?

Jeff H Young

In the Trades
Reaction score
You said its a vent , therfore not carrying waste from above so yes a single san tee of 3 x3x 1 1/2 inthe vent stack below grade.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks