Need To Lower P-traps On Back To Back Bathtubs

Discussion in 'Plumbing Forum, Professional & DIY Advice' started by GMtech, Jul 11, 2020.

1. GMtech

GMtech New Member

Hi all,

Long time lurker now stumped!

I'm working on my honey due list and yes I have been really bored with all the stay at home and distancing.

I'm replacing the bathtub on the 2nd floor and it is backed up to the master bath tub. I ended up pulling both tubs as there was no room to work and I didn't want to cut holes in the ceiling on the rooms below.

I will be installing a Kohler Villager tub and the specs call for 2-7/8 inch from the tub bottom to the bottom of the tub drain tee.

The floor joist are 12" but there is a 2" tee (master bath shower drain) under the 1 1/2 double waste tee the tubs use. I did find a setup that will lower the double tee a little over an inch but would like more wiggle room, any suggestions?

The master bathtub p-trap was lowered 1 1/4 inch below the elbow, is this up to code or is it ok to do this?

Thanks much!

Attached Files:

2. Jeff H Young

Jeff H Young In the Trades

needs 2 inch tee for the tubs 1 1/2 " trap arms.

3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Mr tee

Mr tee Member

You need a double fixture tee, NOT a double sanitary tee. Alas, it will be taller.