Need help with solid toilet clog

Users who are viewing this thread

BertKopr

Reaction score
dont ask me why but my son flashed a bag raped in duck tape and it cloged the toilet - it seams that its stuck - the water goes down very slowly - i tryed the plunger and the snake - the snake gets stuck like 1ft - tryed doing it on my downstairs toilet and it got stuck in the same place - is there something i can buy to fix it??? - maby the snake i got is for drains not toilet because the instructions show only drains

thanks

Jimbo

Plumber
Reaction score
A toilet auger is short, sometimes only 3 feet. It has a curved rubber arm at the business end to protect the porcelain and also give the tip a head in the turn to start up the trapway.

This is a case where I would recommend pulling the toilet and trying to force the object out the same direction it went in. I don't think with this particular object that you want to take the chance of pushing it into the drain.

BertKopr

Reaction score
i dont think the clog is in the toilet becaouse i just used the toilet auger 3ft long and the thing went in all the way and didnt do anything - and then i used a snake and the snake went maby 4 ft or something - maby its in the pipes or something ??

hj

Master Plumber
Reaction score
Website
www.terrylove.com
snake

Your snake is completely useless if it is in the drain, which is not likely. Your closet auger may also be ineffective if it is the inexpensive homeowner type sold by Home Depot and similar stores. You either need a "good" closet auger, or a large sewer snake, neither of which you have and even if you did there is an experience factor to using either of them. Even though a closet auger looks like a "simple" device, there are "tricks" that only come with considerable experience as to how to remove some objects without taking the toilet off the floor.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks