need help identifying faucet and cartridge. Kissler Dominion

Users who are viewing this thread

jmajid

Reaction score
New to the forum - so Hi!
bought an older house last month... and have a bathroom faucet that is leaking from the spout.
I think i isolated it to the hot side - by closing the valve underneath and it stopped the dripping...
So when i take the faucet handle apart i see a nut that i remove and then see a cartridge (i think)
I took this to my local lowes/home depot - they couldnt identify it and told me to go find a plumbing supply.

I took a look around the rest of the house - i have 4 other faucets - all the same...
i took one of the cartridges from a non-leaking faucet - again hot side - and replaced it in the leaking faucet - still dripping...
so either i have a couple of faulty cartridges or something else is wrong...
i took a couple of photos this morning

Right now - i have the valve closed to stop the dripping
Could the cartridge be the issue? or perhaps this seat?
I need help identifying this faucet and cartridge as i cant afford to replace 5 faucets just because i cant identify them to repair future leaks:)

thanks in advance!

Attachments

• 2014-01-27-1867.jpg
    2014-01-27-1867.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 415
  • 2014-01-27-1866.jpg
    2014-01-27-1866.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 412
  • 2014-01-26-1865.jpg
    2014-01-26-1865.jpg
    28.7 KB · Views: 430
  • 2014-01-26-1864.jpg
    2014-01-26-1864.jpg
    32 KB · Views: 418
  • 2014-01-26-1863.jpg
    2014-01-26-1863.jpg
    34.4 KB · Views: 411

jmajid

Reaction score
Smooky: certainly looks like it... need to check the length stated (that website shows 1 15/16)...
do you know where i can find the seat or seat kit?
Thanks so far!

jmajid

Reaction score
i guess i mean the oring that is in the faucet - see the top down photo of the faucet that i had taken with it disassembled.
there is an oring in there - since i have replaced this "cartridge" from a non-leaking faucet, and it still drips, could it be that this oing in the faucet needs to be replaced?
I tried to remove it this morning - half hearted attempt as i walked out to work - but couldnt remove it - but im sure if i took a small flat scredriver it would probably come out...
if this is the faulty item - im guessing any reputable plumbing place should have something to replace it?

Caduceus

Master Plumber
Reaction score
That is a Kissler Dominion faucet. The seats shown in the first photo are usually the problem and that is why you still have a leak (shown inside valve body on hot side), but it's a good idea to replace both the seats and the cartridge. The seats are separate from the cartridge and typically have a spring below the seat to provide tension against the cartridge. I don't know where you can find them locally, but here is a link to Kissler to get you pointed in the right direction to order parts or find a local retailer.
http://www.kissler.com/index.html

jmajid

Reaction score
caduceus:
Yep - i was about to post an update here...then saw your reply.
I took a seat/spring from a working faucet that i dont use that often and replaced it and it seems to be holding for now.
I have sent Kissler an email - waiting to see if they reply.
Tried a local plumbing supply shop last night and they were doubtful i would find anything.
I also sent chicagofacuetshoppe.com an email too - since they are showing something close with the cartridge.
I have the seat/spring - and it does indeed have a little scoring - not deep, not scratches, but prob enough to cause that dripping.

Thanks for confirming that its Kissler - does this mean Kissler owns the Dominion name or what happened that they now have Dominion parts?

Caduceus

Master Plumber
Reaction score
I'm not 100% but I believe Kisslers are made by Delta. The valve body, seats and cartridge appear to be a standard Delta design. This is very common in the plumbing industry. The differences that I see is the o-rings on the cartridge and the bottom inlet design. Sometimes if you go to a home improvement or hardware store you can find the replacement if it's made by a common manufacturer. You may see on the package something like "replacement for Delta, Kissler, etc.". If you have somewhere nearby, just take the cartridge with you and see what you can find.
I also believe there was a sit showing Sears as a retailer of Kissler. Wouldn't hurt to call and check it out.

Asktom

Reaction score
Looks like Delta to me. Since their patent ran out on that design there are a bazillion companies using it.

jmajid

Reaction score
update: I received a very quick response from chicagofaucetshoppe.com and they said the item below is the seat/spring set i need.

http://www.chicagofaucetshoppe.com/Kissler_PB4993_p/kiss-pb4993.htm

I had already looked around local plumbing supply shops and the lowes/home depot near me... It seems that grainger does also seem to have the seat/spring available for shipping, but with their delivery charge it doesnt seem worth while to get just the seat/spring from them when i plan to get the cartridge form chicagofaucetshoppe.

I'll provide more updates once i receive the parts - i am away to order now.

thanks for the info about sears - i didnt think of them - i'll check with them later on sometime... i guess you mean their dedicated hardware stores, correct?

Nicholas440

Reaction score
I have found that Chicago Faucet Shoppe has almost any part you can imagine. I have a 65 year old bath fixture that I needed parts for and I searched for parts for a few weeks. One call to Chicago Faucet and they sent me all the parts I needed. Hope your faucet will be good as new as soon as you get the seats and springs in...

Asktom

Reaction score
Delta seats and springs are very common, any hardware store will have them. I have even seen them in the supermarket.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks