Need Help Freeing Widespread Faucet Valve to Remove (with pics)

Users who are viewing this thread

sstk

Reaction score
I can’t seem to pull the old faucet valve up through the hole in sink to replace it because of the little metal piece at the underside of the base of sink in the picture. Any advice on how to remove it? Thanks.

Attachments

• 32ACDE35-7EBE-4262-923E-13970F57A4A2.jpeg
    32ACDE35-7EBE-4262-923E-13970F57A4A2.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 167
  • DF8F34B4-EBC3-4BD8-A289-BD4E7B9927FB.jpeg
    DF8F34B4-EBC3-4BD8-A289-BD4E7B9927FB.jpeg
    54 KB · Views: 186

sstk

Reaction score
Doesn’t seem to want to pull out from the top side even with a heavy set of pliers. Whatever is holding it at the base of the sink on the underside doesn’t seem to want to twist off the threads or be pulled off with pliers so I’m kind of at a loss as to what to do here. Also having trouble getting plastic piece in the center off. Tried pulling down hard, up then down hard. No instructions otherwise I would reference them this is a really old faucet. Looked almost everywhere online for a video with similar configuration under the sink and couldn’t find anything.

Dj2

In the Trades
Reaction score
Peerless has a slogan on their package: Our new faucet is so easy to install, the hardest part is to remove the old faucet!
First try under the counter top using a basin wrench.
If that fails, use a recip saw to cut the stem at the retaining nut UNDER the counter top.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks