Need a low toilet with a powerful flush

Users who are viewing this thread

Patricia M

Reaction score
I am a petite lady in need of a short toilet (my 2015 Toto Ultramax II is the perfect height at about 14 3/4" bowl rim height). I use that in conjunction with a tall step stool for my feet.

It needs to be compatible with a lower profile Toto bidet seat: S300e, S350e, S500e or S550e.

The complicating factor in my household is that my teenager makes enormous poops that clog every toilet, so I need something with some serious flushing power. I'd like a Toto with a tornado flush, but it seems like those are all "universal height" at 16 1/8". Way too high for me.

The closest I've found is the Aquia® IV - WASHLET®+ S550e Two-Piece Toilet - 1.28 GPF & 0.8 GPF (SKU: MW4463056CEMG#01) with a 15 9/16" bowl height, but that's still too high. I'd like a height of 15" or lower.

Also, my teenager objects to the idea of the button flush.

I'm in Santa Barbara, CA, and would love to buy locally, but will buy online if necessary.

TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

mw6463056cumfg-terrylove-02.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
Just out of curiosity, are you sure you have the Ultramax II? I'm thinking that with the bowl height that you mention, you have the EcoUltramax MS854114E rather than the Ultramax II, MS604114CEFG. The former has 14-9/16" on the spec sheet, and the latter has 16-1/8".

Obviously, you could just buy another EcoUltramax, but I'm sensing that you don't wish to do that.

I would look at the Original Drake CST744E (1.28gpf). We have two, and are very happy with them. 14-5/8" to bowl lip on the spec sheet. Great flush. Comparatively-reasonably-priced. Can be had from your local plumbing supply house for less than $250. (Call around to get the best price.) It also comes with a slightly-fancier tank for not much more. CST744EN ("N" for "new tank"). Same bowl, so same bowl height. Great flush.

According to the washlet fit chart, the S350E and S300E work with the Original Drake (elongated). https://www.totousa.com/filemanager_uploads/PPW Articles/2017-washlet-fit-chart.pdf

You would have to purchase the THU9090R extension kit, which is basically a slightly-longer water hose. If you Google that, it's available for about $35, which is insignificant compared to the washlet price.

You might also look on that chart to determine the other models that work with the S350 or S300 (or others). The II toilets are generally ADA Height, but many other models that are still available can be had in the more traditional toilet height, which, frankly, is disappearing in favor of the higher toilets.

Good luck! And come back if you have any more questions!!

TOTO SW3046#01 S500e WASHLET Electronic Bidet Toilet Seat with EWATER+ and Contemporary Lid, Elongated, Cotton White

Last edited:

Patricia M

Reaction score
That's what shows in my purchase history, but it is possible that they changed the item listing, as I see that it shows a rim height of 16-1/8-Inch. The specs on the Toto website show that unless I get an Original Drake with 1.6 GPF flush the rim height is now over 17 inches.
I should have also stated that I'm in California and can only use a 1.28 GPF or less, so the original Drake at 1.6 GPF is out. It seems like they are raising all their rim heights!

I might look around for an older model.

Elongated isn't best for everyone. I find elongated seats really uncomfortable because they trigger my sciatica. However, with a round seat, my late husband used to pee down the front of the toilet and on the floor basically every time, so there was that.

WJcandee

Wise One
Reaction score
The specs on the Toto website show that unless I get an Original Drake with 1.6 GPF flush the rim height is now over 17 inches.

That's not accurate.

The CST744E bowl is 1.28gpf and is the height I said it was to the toilet lip: 14-5/8". That's the original Drake. https://terrylove.com/pdf/cst744eg-specs.pdf
You were probably looking at the EL rather than the E. The EL is the higher version of the original Drake bowl.

I quoted you the 744E because I knew you were in Cali.

Last edited by a moderator:
Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks