NCB -180E install

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Davidbaskin52, Sep 13, 2020.

1. Davidbaskin52

Davidbaskin52 New Member

Installed a NCB-180E with the intentions of using the DHW part of the water heater prior to hooking up my radiant flooring to the system. So far when I power up the NCP-180E, everything looks normal with no error codes. When I turn on a hot water faucet the unit sees flow, but does not kick on to heat the water. I do have the Navien recommended manifold connected to the space heating side of the water heater, but it is not connected to anything. The question is can you run the NCB-180E in DHW mode only or do I need to connect my radiant flooring to the system. Thank you in advance for your help.

2. Bannerman

Bannerman Well-Known Member

Do you mean an NCB-180E (Navien Combi Boiler)?

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Davidbaskin52

Davidbaskin52 New Member

Yes it is a NCB, sorry for the confusion.

5. Bannerman

Bannerman Well-Known Member

You said you connected the manifold to the heating side, but as it is not connected to anything, it would then seem to not contain any water.

The NCB manual specifies to ensure the closed-loop heating system is properly filled and air vented prior to firing the burner so I anticipate with a combined system, both systems will be interlocked to prevent potential damage unless there is sufficient water within both systems.

Last edited: Sep 13, 2020
  6. Davidbaskin52

Davidbaskin52 New Member

Thank you Bannerman, that is what I am thinking. It finally spitted out an error code E351 (Abnormal Auto Feeder Valve).
    I am going to fill it tomorrow, I will let you know my results.
    Thank you again

7. Davidbaskin52

Davidbaskin52 New Member

So I filled the closed loop side and like magic the water heater started working. Thank you again Bannerman