Navien CH-180 DHW Issues

Discussion in 'Tankless Water Heater Forum' started by Fleighe, Jul 1, 2020.

1. Fleighe

Fleighe New Member

I bought a home that already had a Navien CH-180 installed. The device has always had issues with shutting off while using hot water especially in the winter. I've never gotten to the bottom of that problem, just have gotten used to fast showers and having to reset the control panel when it shuts off.

I am now having new issues; when the hot water tap is opened, there is full pressure. The water will start to get warm, then just go cold. The DHW is set to 112 degrees, but when checked, it now shows up to 170 degrees! The thermostat for the house heat is off, so it should not be getting nearly that hot, especially when I am not getting any hot water. I have been doing research all over, and at my wits end with this thing. Any input or suggestions?

2. Terry

Terry Administrator Staff Member

Plumber
    Last edited: Jul 2, 2020
  3. Sponsor

Sponsor Paid Advertisement

4. Fleighe

Fleighe New Member

Tried calling Navien. Tech I spoke with refused to do any troubleshooting at all without a certified Navien tech here in my home on the phone. He acknowledged that something was out of the ordinary with my system, but would offer no insight whatsoever.