Navien CH-180 DHW Issues

Users who are viewing this thread

Fleighe

Reaction score
I bought a home that already had a Navien CH-180 installed. The device has always had issues with shutting off while using hot water especially in the winter. I've never gotten to the bottom of that problem, just have gotten used to fast showers and having to reset the control panel when it shuts off.

I am now having new issues; when the hot water tap is opened, there is full pressure. The water will start to get warm, then just go cold. The DHW is set to 112 degrees, but when checked, it now shows up to 170 degrees! The thermostat for the house heat is off, so it should not be getting nearly that hot, especially when I am not getting any hot water. I have been doing research all over, and at my wits end with this thing. Any input or suggestions?

Terry

The Plumbing Wizard
Staff member
Reaction score
Website
terrylove.com
You can call the tech support at Navien.

My tankless was needing the air supply filter cleaned. It was shutting off while I was in the shower and that fixed it.
That may not be your problem though.
tech support at 1-800-519-8794 option 2

https://terrylove.com/forums/index....eater-turns-cold-when-im-in-the-shower.82941/

navien-filter-2.jpg

Last edited:

Fleighe

Reaction score
Tried calling Navien. Tech I spoke with refused to do any troubleshooting at all without a certified Navien tech here in my home on the phone. He acknowledged that something was out of the ordinary with my system, but would offer no insight whatsoever.

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks