Mysterious water leak into basement

Users who are viewing this thread

Paul J

Reaction score
I developed a very slow park into my basement at the floor a few weeks ago. It has become steadily larger, though still relatively a small slow flow.
I have had seepage during intense rainstorms before, and this typically was caused by blocked gutters. Cleaning them has always remedied the problem.
Now I'm getting this flow with no rain whatsoever. The water is crystal clear, which makes me think I have a leak between my well, which is 15' from the house near the area of the seepage, and the the fitting at the house.
To test my theory, I turned off the power to the well pump overnight, and sure enough the seepage into the basement slowed to a mere trickle. I'm assuming the soil is saturated, and I'm getting remnants of the water in the soil which is why it hasn't stopped completely.
The question is....does it sound like I'm on the right track? Also, I'm thinking I have either a leaking pitless adapter or a cracked line from the pitless to the house. Is there any other possible cause I haven't considered? I'm about to dig down to the pitless and see what I can see.

Any help would be be greatly appreciated!

Hey, wait a minute.

This is awkward, but...

It looks like you're using an ad blocker. We get it, but (1) terrylove.com can't live without ads, and (2) ad blockers can cause issues with videos and comments. If you'd like to support the site, please allow ads.

If any particular ad is your REASON for blocking ads, please let us know. We might be able to do something about it. Thanks.
I've Disabled AdBlock    No Thanks