My Forbidden Love for a UK Faucet

Discussion in 'Remodel Forum & Blog' started by Jaze, Aug 23, 2014.

  1. Jaze

    Jaze New Member

    Apr 21, 2010
    I've fallen in love with a UK kitchen faucet, and I need to figure out if I can possibly install it in my kitchen in the US. It's this beautiful, traditional two faucet set-up - Ive attached a photo. My understanding is that the way pipes are threaded in UK and US fixtures is different. Is there a way around this? Any suggestions would be gratefully appreciated!

    Thanks in advance,

    J. Sagittarius Churchmans Traditional Bib Tap & Stand.png
  2. johnfrwhipple

    johnfrwhipple BATHROOM DESIGN & BUILD for both Canada & the US

    Jul 20, 2009
    Design Work World Wide: Bathrooms Vancouver Area
    North Vancouver, BC
    We do a lot of Euro installs in Canada.

    Many company's make Euro-Canadian adapters.

    Also many of these Euro fixtures are designed so the parts can be trimmed or clipped. Once trimmed the sizing is more North American.

    Now if your home has inspections this fixture might not fly because the fixtures require a CSA or cUPC stamp.

    Why not check out Hudson Reed? I'm using their stuff for my shower build. They are a UK company and have got their products tested in the US and Canada.
  3. Sponsor

    Sponsor Paid Advertisement

Similar Threads: Forbidden Love
Forum Title Date
Remodel Forum & Blog Tv program "Love it or List it" on HGTV Jul 28, 2014
Remodel Forum & Blog Post your Pics, We would love to see your projects! May 24, 2008

Share This Page